Matrice 600 Pro-Overview
Supporting a total takeoff weight of 34 pounds, the Matrice 600 Pro (M600 Pro) is a hexacopter from DJI designed for professional video and industrial imaging applications. Updated from the original Matrice 600, it features improved flight performance and a higher loading capacity. Pre-installed arms and antennas reduce time required for setup, and the system's modular design makes it easy to mount additional modules.
The Matrice 600 Pro centers around DJI's advanced A3 Pro flight control controller with triple redundancy. It incorporates the Lightbridge 2 system for HD resolution, low-latency monitoring via SDI, HDMI, and USB outputs on the controller. For camera support, the Matrice 600 works with Zenmuse Z15 series gimbals, the Ronin-MX gimbal, and Zenmuse X Series gimbal/camera hybrids.
This version of Matrice 600 Pro comes almost-ready-to-fly (ATF) and includes a controller (transmitter), flight batteries, six-bay charger, flight controller, and sundries. It also features a durable, customizable case that absorbs impact from shakes or falls, providing all-round protection for your hexacopter when carried or transported. Additional hardware needed may include a gimbal, camera, as well as any flight controller add-ons. Some assembly is required.
- Intelligent Drive System
- The Matrice 600 Pro uses sine-wave-driven, intelligent ESCs to ensure it performs accurately, safely, and efficiently, while the A3 Pro flight controller's self-adaptive systems adjust flight parameters automatically based on different payloads.
Air System Design
- Updated from the Matrice 600, the Matrice 600 Pro is designed to be simple to set up and ready to fly in a matter of minutes. Its airframe has been optimized for easier transportation with a quick release landing gear design and folding frame arms. Under the new upper cover, the positions of GNSS modules and sensors have been revamped, and a new dampening system for the IMU units increases reliability during flight.
- Modular Design
- The modular design makes the Matrice 600 Pro easy to set up and ready to use.
- Gimbal Compatibility
- All Zenmuse cameras and gimbals are natively compatible, and a maximum payload of 13.2 lb allows it to fly the Ronin-MX gimbal and a range of cameras, from Micro Four Thirds systems to the RED EPIC.
- Built to Last
- A dust-proof propulsion system simplifies maintenance, while actively cooled motors make for reliable operation for extended periods of time.
A3 Pro Flight Controller
- The A3 Pro system is optimized for professional and cinematography applications, providing navigation and stabilization to the aircraft. The system features GNSS, which means it can use satellite systems, such as GPS or GLONASS, in combination with a compass to provide precise positional data. The A3 Pro can be used in combination with DJI's Lightbridge 2 system to provide a high-quality video downlink from a gimbal-mounted camera. Ground station software enables features, such as telemetry monitoring and route planning, and provides a flight simulator.
The system features three IMUs and three GNSS units, with additional analytical redundancies for a total of six redundancies. Working together with advanced diagnostic algorithms, if the A3 Pro detects GNSS or IMU unit failure during flight, it seamlessly switches to another unit to maintain reliability and precision.
- DJI GO App for iOS and Android
- The Matrice 600 Pro supports the DJI GO app as well as the DJI Assistant 2. Get a live HD view, battery status, redundancy status, transmission strength, and much more straight from the DJI GO app. DJI GO is also the control center for the camera, giving access to shutter speed, ISO, and photo or video capture on any Zenmuse X Series camera as well as remote focus and aperture on the Zenmuse X5 and X5R cameras. The DJI Assistant 2 supports firmware updates and the new Ground Station, and comes with a built-in flight simulator.
- Extended Range
- The Matrice 600 Pro's radio range extents to 3.1 miles with a clean signal.
- D-RTK GNSS Upgrade
- The A3 GNSS system can be upgraded with separately available Real-Time Kinematic technology (RTK) for even greater navigational accuracy. Using dual antennas, RTK provides greater precision than a compass and is not susceptible to magnetic interference from metal structures.
- Professional HD Transmission
- DJI Lightbridge 2 has been designed from the ground up to meet the requirements of professional broadcasting, offering high frame rates and HD live streaming. USB, mini-HDMI, and 3G-SDI ports on the controller support video output at up to 1080p/60 fps or a broadcast standard output of 720p/59.94 fps and 1080i/50 fps.
- The Matrice 600 Pro's is fully compatible with the DJI Onboard SDK and Mobile SDK to meet the requirements of those building software for industrial applications. It has a dual parallel CAN and API ports for connecting DJI devices, including the Guidance sensor system, the RTK GNSS units, or third party components of your choice.
Batteries and Power
- Intelligent Battery System
- The battery management system monitors every battery during flight, ensuring safe landing in the event of single battery failure. Compared to traditional non-intelligent batteries, the Matrice 600 Pro's battery management system simplifies maintenance while enhancing security.
- 6-Bay Charger
- The Matrice 600 Pro charger has six charging hubs, enabling it to charge six Intelligent Batteries simultaneously. It charges a TB47S battery in about 92 minutes and a TB48S battery in about 110 minutes.